Recently my boyfriend, Max, turned 24 along with my ‘little’ whom turned 21. I ran into a dilemma that I believe other people suffer as well: you want to get a GREAT, memorable gift for this person but can’t/don’t want to spend a lot of money! Well the crafty side of me came out, luckily when I needed it most. I made some small or boring stuff turn into something fun! Which I think they both really enjoyed 🙂
Here’s what I did for Max:
I got him a total of 24 things since he turned 24. This can be done much cheaper than I did it (just because of the shoes) but it still turns some boring gifts into something fun! I also found out I cannot rhyme at all — thank goodness for google.
- 4 shoes “so you don’t get the blues”
- 6 beers “to six amazing years” (this is how long we’ve been together)
- 12 frozen snickers bars “to avoid any bickers”
- 1 Chick-fil-a chicken sandwhich “to make your belly thicken”
- And last but not least, 1 kiss “for those lips that I’ve missed” (I got real corny towards the end because my rhymes were really running slim)
Add everything up and it’s 24! He loved it!
For my ‘little’ I got her a big 21st birthday bin:
For this gift I went over to Dollar Tree (where everything is $1 — some “dollar stores” actually charge more than $1 for their stuff) and stocked up on random little things I know she likes.
- A big bin to put everything in
- Gift streamers to stick on the bucket for some glam
- Sequin beads to glue an ‘L’ for her name
- A candle
- Some chocolates
- A birthday wine glass
- A pack of mints (to “stay fresh for those bday kisses ;)”)
- Birthday crowns (for everyone at her party to wear)
- Laffy Taffy (which I put a quote from the song Laffy Taffy)
- And an eye mask for when she was hungover the next AM, hah
I made two more stops: to the liquor store for those cheap little shot bottles, and Bath and Body Works. BB&W always has coupons out and they give surveys on their receipts so I was able to get a lottt of stuff for very cheap! Google ‘BB&W coupons’ to get your own coupons before you go in! They ALWAYS have deals going on. I got some hand sanitizers, little lotions, and a mini spray bottle to add to her bin! Then just stick in a cheap card from the Dollar Tree or Wal-mart and you’re good to go!!
Have you made any cheap but crafty gifts before? I’d love to hear about them below!